For 75 years, the Faculté de l’éducation permanente has offered high-quality classes in French as a second language. Beyond their teaching skills, our instructors are recognized for their accessibility and their passion in sharing our language and culture.
Discover a language, a culture, a history.
Courses tailored to your needs
Our programs are varied and aimed at a broad public: new immigrants, workers, university students and professors, post-doctoral fellows, candidates for professional orders, language teachers and so on.
We are with you every step of the way, whatever your plans.
Beginner or not, full time or part time, you will find at the FEP’s École de français the program that will best meets your needs.
Recognized for their excellence, our courses will help you experience Québec in French and effectively interact with the world around you.
Why choose the FEP’s École de français?
An unforgettable experience in Montréal
Taking courses at FEP’s École de français also means means you will participate in sociocultural activities, enrich your social life and discover Montréal, which has been regularly elected one of the best cities in which to live and study. Festivals, a thrilling nightlife, an open and tolerant city… Montréal is, without a doubt, a great place to be.
A campus to discover
On Mount Royal, in the heart of 65 hectares of greenery, the campus of the Université de Montréal is in the Côte-des-Neiges district, a lively, multicultural neighbourhood teeming with all kinds of restaurants, lush parks, friendly bars and magnificent homes in a variety of architectural styles.
The École de français works closely with a number of Québec, Canadian and international departments, associations, bodies and federations:
- Association québécoise des Écoles de français langue étrangère, AQEFLE
- Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration du Québec, MIFI
- Office québécois de la langue française, OQLF
- Bureau de valorisation de la langue française et de la Francophonie de l’Université de Montréal
- Council of Ministers of Education (Canada), CMEC
- Canada’s National Language Education Association, Languages Canada
- Hautes Études et Recherches pour les Apprentissages dans les Centres de Langues de l'Enseignement Supérieur, HERACLES
- North American Association of Summer Session, NAASS