For all those who want to learn French without the stress of exams and with no objective other than to discover Québec culture and talk with others in French
French is, above all, a communication tool and an opportunity to meet interesting people.
We offer you a 100% online version of our courses in French as a second language, in a relaxed, stimulating and fun atmosphere.
Because learning can go hand in hand with relaxation, play and “joie de vivre”
Whether you are a beginner, or at the elementary, intermediate or advanced level, you will love our interactive and collaborative courses, which will enable you to discover and better understand the diversity and culture of French-speaking Québec.
Discussions, discovery of lexical, grammatical and phonetic elements connected with a theme, simulation exercises, role-playing, case studies, problem-solving… emphasis is placed on comprehension and oral expression, on the basis of written media to anchor the concepts.
- 30 hours per ten-week session
- For anyone 18 years of age or older
- Courses in real time (synchronous) and platform to extend learning before and after class
- Small groups of 8 to 16 students, which allows maximum feedback to each student
- Virtual classrooms that enable differentiated teaching, adapted to each student’s needs
- Numerous user-friendly technological resources: videoconferencing platform (Zoom), independent learning platform that enables the student to continue to learn outside course hours and enables the teacher to track your progress and your difficulties
Levels based on the scale of the European Framework of Reference for Languages:
- Beginner A1 (two levels, 30 hours each)
- Elementary A2 (two levels, 30 hours each)
- Intermediate B1 (two levels, 30 hours + two 10-hour modules each)
- Advanced B2 (two levels, 30 hours + two 10-hour modules each)
Have access to a computer, tablet or cellphone with Internet access and a camera.
Use of the camera is not compulsory. However, for pedagogical reasons and to optimize your learning, we very strongly recommend it.
October 11 to December 15, 2021
Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Registration deadline: October 1, 2021
Online registration available soon
Cost of the course: CAN$549
The cost includes:
- The administration fee of CAN$55 (non-refundable)
- The placement test
- The courses
- The teaching material
- The training certificate at the end of a course
- Are you a post-doctoral fellow at the Université de Montréal? Take advantage of a discount of CAN$50 (proof required).
- Are you a student or former student at the Faculté de l’éducation permanente? Take advantage of a discount of CAN$50 (proof required).
Are you thinking of studying at the Université de Montréal in an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral program?
For any matter concerning Meet and Greet in French contact: info-elncfep.umontreal.ca or 514-343-6090.